Sunday, August 22, 2010

LIFE AS UNIVERSITY STUDENT

prepared by HAFIZAH BT SHAM -1041111392


I would like to share with you about life as university student. This semester I’m taking 7 subjects and this is my first time in my life taking more than 5 subjects.  The pressure is ASSINGMENTS. All these subjects have group assignment where carry marks majority more than 10-25%. I was appointed to be the leader for 4 subject.
Since I know there’s a lot of assignment to be completed in 5 weeks,I would like to start early.  However, my group mates are majority peoples that I don’t know before. And as usual we are multinational group for all subjects.
Subject A.
This is statistic subject where we have to analyze the company performance using financial report. There’s one guys who keep attacking me as a leader because he thought I didn’t do anything from the beginning. He shouted at me when he tried to make argument. Totally make me feel sick when facing him.I had divided the task for each of the group mate in week 4. So when I called for a meeting as all of them to give me the complete task, but only the Chinese guy who completed the task and submit to me.  let me call the guy who dont feel easy with me as GUY. below is the situational in the meeting

I: Guy, where’s your task? Remember this is the first step in our assignment. There’s a lot to do more in next step.
Guy: why u asked everybody to do the same task? That’s wasting our time. (ad hominem abusive)
   (He’s not answering my question)
I: Guy, have you finished the task?
Guy: why u asked my task while the other hasn’t submitted yet. my answer are same with them. So I shouldn’t submit. Let’s proceed to the next step( ad hominem tu quoque fallacy)
I: I gave you 1 week to complete. The others promised to submit by tonight.  the reason why I want you all to the same task is to compare. Since this is the calculation subjects it’s possible for us to miss calculate. To be safe and correct I want to compare all the data from you all.
Guy: I save my data in my email
I: don’t worry I have laptop here.
I take out my laptop from my bag and give to him so he can check his email and retrieve his task from his email
GUY: I think it is not in my email. It’s in my pen drive at home.
I:  I asked you guys to do during the midterm break. So it won’t delay and pressure with other assignment. GUY, you keep calling me and shout at me when to start but you didn’t submit to me.
GUY: I want to see your complete task. You keep asking everybody’s work. so are u really complete your task?( ( ad hominem tu quoque fallacy)

So I showed to him my complete task. he thought I didn’t do it and only asking peoples task.
GUY:  I think your data is same with mine.

I: I don’t think so. Lim and I got different figure. U cant simply said that, I want you to submit your complete task to me by tonight or else I wont put your name in this group. It doesn’t mean I'm a leader I then have to complete all, do for you all. Never. We do together and as a leader I have to monitor your progress.
GUY: ok…

This GUY complaint to others group mate that I don’t cooperate well in this group in early semester with no evidence.  Since he is international, he always misunderstands what I was trying to say and thinking I’m bad leader. He refused to be the leader because he knows there’s a lot of responsible.
This is the example of AD HOMINEM TU QUOQUE FALLACY. He refused to submit because other people haven’t submit .  this situational will happened to cover up their self with other people trait but it is same traits. Just to make sure they are not the worst, so they will come out with other people weakness.


this video is an example of AD HOMINEM 
 


1 comment: